It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone. That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop.
About My Journal
My Journal is electronic journaling software that you can use to catalog your thoughts, feelings and activities of daily life. The following is a generalized list of highlights that you will find in the My Journal software.
- Security: The information you enter into the My Journal program is protected by world-class encryption technology. You are the only one who will be able to access your journal. It is important to pick a password that you can remember but no one else can guess.
- Flexibility: You have the freedom of writing and editing journal entries for prior days. This is an enhancement from the previous version where you were limited to editing today’s entry only.
- Simplicity: Clean and simple interface that is uncluttered and easy to understand. When you want to write in your journal, the last thing you want to have to do is wade through a mountain of buttons, menus and settings. The goal of the My Journal design is to ensure you can focus on writing, not reading manuals.
- Portability: Install the My Journal software onto a thumb drive or other portable device so you can bring it with you. You are no longer tethered to a single computer to write in your journal.
- Preservation: Tested and true backup functionality allows you to easily backup and restore data from and to the My Journal application. Frequently backing up your journal data to a removable device will ensure you never have to worry about losing your entries due to a computer crash.
- Communication: With the integrated Twitter and Blogspot portals, you can quickly and easily share your thoughts with the rest of the world. In addition to those two items you also have the ability to quickly and easily upload your journal entries to your own website.
- Affordability: My Journal is priced 50 to 70% less than similar software packages without having to sacrifice an ounce of functionality. There is no reason to break the bank in order to have reliable journaling software on your computer.
- Take your journal with you: Install My Journal onto a thumb drive or other portable storage device so you can take your journal with you everywhere you go
- Upload entries to the web: Upload selected journal entries to your website in an appealing cross-platform format
- Access your Twitter account: Keep up to date with the latest happenings with integrated Twitter functionality
- Access your Blogspot account: Post, draft, delete your blogspot blog as well as post individual journal entries directly to your blog
- Export data: Export your entries to various non-proprietary formats such as XML, rich text, plaintext and PDF
- Modify login: Change your password and/or username at any time as many times as you wish
- Delete profiles: Permanently destroy accidental or obsolete profiles
- Set password hint: When setting your password, you can supply a password hint that will help you remember your password in the event you forget
- Login with one click: Have the program remember your login credentials so all you need to do is click the 'login' button
- Import entries from v 1.0: No need to worry about losing any of your entries from My Journal v. 1.0, simply import them into this new version
- Attach files: Attach files of any type related to your journal entry, with optional encryption
- Back-edit old entries: Entries created on prior dates can now be modified, while still maintaining the credibility of the original entry
- Back-create old entries: Create new journal entries for dates prior to the current date
- Preserve your font: When you set your font, My Journal will remember it for the next time you create a new entry
- Tag photos with descriptions: Enter a title and description for each photo you attach to your entry
- Compile entries: Specify a range of entries and compile them into a single document for ease of reading and/or printing
- Express your creativity: Use the writing module to organize your thoughts into various writing projects
- Enhanced text editor: Insert tables, text frames, page breaks and formatted hyperlinks amongst other features
- Better printing support: Print preview and print document settings greatly enhanced
- Data storage: Implementation of cutting edge database technology for desktop computers
- Journal backup fixed: Create backups of your journal data with confidence
- Search enhancement: Searching for journal entries containing keywords is now exponentially faster and search results are better organized
- Better image editing: The built-in image editor has been simplified and made easier to use and understand
- Modernized interface: The look and feel has been drastically updated and simplified to encourage free thought and not technical frustration
- Spell check improvements: In addition to loading much faster, special equations were implemented to help make word suggestions more precise
- Quick-close extended: The quick close has been wrapped around the entire program so pressing the ESC key in any input field will immediately save and exit the program
- Help moved online: In order to provide accurate and up-to-date information the help files have been moved online
- Keeping your data secure : Journal entries, photos, twitter, blogspot and FTP information, and (optionally encrypted) attached files are protected with world-class encryption technology
- Uncluttered to-the-point interface: Powerful journaling features are presented in a simple easy-to-understand interface so even a computer novice can start journaling right away
- Easy-to-understand data organization: Journal entries are organized in a clean hierarchical manner that makes browsing your journal entries a snap
- Multi-user support: One installation of the software can support an unlimited number of user profiles
- Image attachment and embedding: Embed images directly into the text of your entry or attach them to your entry
- Journal credibility: A history of day-to-day changes made to an entry is kept, so the content of the original entry can be substantiated regardless of the ability to back-edit/create entries
Copyright © 2009 Michael Snow